DISCONTINUATION OF BLACKLINE GPS PRODUCTS
AND TRACKING PORTAL Effective: DEC 31, 2022
Many Cellular Carriers have initiated plans to drop their 2g and 3g networks. 2g networks will begin dropping out of service later this year (Oct-Dec 2021). 3g networks approximately a year later (varies by carrier). Our tracking devices such as Dart, Dart 3, Flattrack and Javelin use 2g and 3g networks and Blackline Safety has no plans to update these devices to support 4g networks.
For this reason, we would like to inform our customers that Blackline Safety will be discontinuing its tracker products (Dart Dart3, Flattrack and Javelin) and the associated prosumer tracking portal (portal.blacklinegps.com).
As of December 31st, 2022, these tracking products will no longer be supported, and customers with those products will no longer be able to log into the tracking portal.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your business.
Customers are encouraged to seek alternative solutions as soon as possible as we cannot predict when carrier networks will be decommissioned.
Please be aware of the following:
- The tracking portal will be shut down, effective December 31, 2022.
- 2g tracking devices are expected to no longer work as 2g networks decommission in Oct-Dec 2021
- GPS tracking devices (listed) above will no longer operate or be supported after this date.
- Historical data for these devices will not be available after that date.
- Blackline will cease manufacturing these products immediately but will continue to honor service contracts through to December 31, 2022.
- Existing customers may be able to purchase Darts while supplies last and service contracts with expiry dates prior to December 2022.